Sunday, April 1, 2012

Couponing: Price Adjustments & Mini Sessions

About a week ago or so ago I purchased the Dora Easter DVD at Target on sale for $9.99 only to find that this week it is on an even bigger sale for $6.99! So today I went back to Target for my very first price adjustment which went smoothly. I recently learned that Target gladly offers price adjustments on items that you have bought that go on sale after you have made your purchase. The only stipulation here is that it must be within 14 days to get the adjustment. All you need to do is bring in your receipt along with a copy of the current AD to easily get your money back for the difference.

While at Target, I figured I would do a little couponing and here's what I got...

My Deal:
4 - Glade room sprays $0.97 each
1 - Tums Freshers $2.49
Total = $6.37 + Tax
Used 2 - $2/2 Glade coupons
Used 1 - $1.50/1 Tums Freshers coupon 
Used 1 - $0.75/1 Tums Freshers target coupon
Swiped my Target Debit card for 5% off
Paid $0.30

*Update* Go to Target Coupons to print the $1 off Glade air refreshing item which also means free air fresheners!

Then I headed over to CVS to get my Quarterly reward ExtraCare bucks and while there I picked up one of these which also shows an example of a peelie coupon I previously told you about...

Currently CVS is advertising these on sale for $8.99 and in return for your purchase you will get $8.99 in ExtraCare Bucks (ECBs) which means it's like getting it for FREE! Now to my pleasant surprise there was a $1.00 peelie which now turns this into not only free but a $1.00 money maker! Now for me, I already have ECBs to use so here's what I was able to do...

My Deal:
1 - Complete Multi-Purpose Solution 12oz. - $8.99
Use $1.00 off peelie coupon
Use $1 ECB, $4.50 ECB, & $2.50 ECB
Paid $0.04 and received $8.99 ECB for next purchase


0 comments:

Post a Comment