Tuesday, October 23, 2012

He Put A Ring on It!

We're getting MARRIED!

I guess my honey got tired of me singing Beyonce's "Put a Ring on It" so he finally did *hehehehe* and to top it off he caught me completely off guard and by surprise despite my trying to plan it out! lol I'm a bit of a control freak what can I say but lucky for me he takes me for exactly who I am and I couldn't be and never have been happier in my entire life. I can not wait to become Mrs. Derrick Reid but as excited as I am about it all as a whole, I am nearly equally as excited to see how much I....WE....can save on throwing a spectacular celebration of our union.

We're off to great start already with the ring purchase itself - with my frugal pointers *wink wink* he was able to save nearly 65% off the purchase price for the ring of my dreams. Don't feel trapped in buying from an overpriced jewelry retailer where this set would have cost thousands. As the saying goes "diamonds are a girl's best friend" and I say...so is EBAY! Isn't it gorge! It's been nearly four weeks now and I still catch myself staring at it - it's truly unbelievable and makes me feel wonderful knowing what a great deal was had. A true win win.

 

Now to help motivate us to save, we each have over-sized jars to collect cash and change...every penny counts! I took an over-sized cheese puff container that I got from Target, cleaned it out and relabeled it (reduce, reuse and recycle!) This is a great way to visualize your savings and I've had success with this method before when saving for my daughter's nursery. My method is to "deposit" any and all cash I receive in my container instead of in the bank where it seems to disappear quickly! So far I've gotten a few hundreds bucks already in the two weeks since I started...I never realized how much cash passes thru my hands...which mostly ends up in a register at Cold Stone or Panera Bread lol - I will periodically deposit the cash in my savings as it does accrue a very tiny amount of interest but again every penny counts! But for now, keeping a collection going saves me from making multiple trips during the month to make deposits - so essentially I'm saving time and gas which are just as valuable as those pennies :)

As a bride, my first task is finding the perfect dress! And the timing couldn't have been better as a brand new bridal consignment boutique has opened it's doors here in Richmond as of October 20th, the one and only of it's kind here, so I am super excited to check them out - I absolutely would rather buy from a consignment shop than a "traditional" bridal boutique and I can't wait to see what they have to offer. If you live in the Richmond area and are in the market for a beautiful gown with amazing savings to boot or looking to sell your own gown then you should definitely pay them a visit. I hear nothing but good things about Bliss Bridal. On the other hand, if you are looking for a more "traditional" experience, you should also check out Tiffany's Bridal. If you join their email list you will immediately receive a $100 coupon off your gown purchase of $1000.00 or more and they also have several other specials to offer.

I will certainly post reviews on both of these shops soon and hopefully some news and details on finding the dress of my dreams *crosses fingers*

That's all for now...stay tuned and thanks for reading as always.

Of course, I couldn't leave you without the video...I KNOW you know the moves :)))) 



P.S. If you aren't a member of Pinterest...you should be! It is truly my newest addiction - it is a wedding planning dream! Follow my inspiration board here: http://pinterest.com/lovejmechelle/dream-wedding-inspirations/



0 comments:

Post a Comment